|Home » INDUSTRY & MARKETS » Administrative and grid... » Administrative Barriers|
Before building a wind power plant, the project developer needs to obtain permits from the local authorities and has to carry out an impact assessment of his project. This process is riddled with obstacles:
- There are a large number of authorities involved;
- A bad or total lack of co-ordination between authorities can result in project delays;
- Lengthy waiting periods to obtain permits can result in rejection of the project;
- Renewable energy sources are not sufficiently taken into account in spatial planning;
- There are highly complex and non-transparent procedures for the whole licensing chain; and
- There is a low awareness of benefits of renewable energy sources within local and regional authorities.
|Acknowledgements | Sitemap | Partners | Disclaimer | Contact|
The sole responsibility for the content of this webpage lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Communities. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that maybe made of the information contained therein.