|Home » INDUSTRY & MARKETS » Administrative and grid... » Administrative Barriers » Grid-related barriers|
One of the most important elements for the success of wind energy projects is access and connection to the grids. Based on stakeholder consultation, OPTRES and PROGRESS identified several obstacles and other grid-related problems faced by project developers in the EU (see Part II on Grid Integration for more details):
- Insufficient grid capacity available;
- Grid connection procedure not fully transparent;
- Objectiveness in the evaluation of applications is not fully guaranteed;
- Excessive grid connection costs in some cases;
- Long lead-times for grid connection authorisation; and
- Grid extension problems.
|Acknowledgements | Sitemap | Partners | Disclaimer | Contact|
The sole responsibility for the content of this webpage lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Communities. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that maybe made of the information contained therein.